Today VMware released the new version 4.3 of Horizon Mirage.
This release includes major improvements of the interoperability between Horizon Mirage and View and therefore officially supports image management of full clone virtual desktops.
The new release includes:
- Support for image management of VMware Horizon View full clone desktops
- Ability to do image management only (without the need to centralizing an endpoint first)
- Ability to deploy app layers during a Windows 7 migration process
- A bunch of tools for synchronizing (export and import) layers, CVDs and the driver library between different Mirage server clusters
- Enhancements to the Mirage volume for better exclusion support in regards to Anti-virus solutions
- A new web-based console with support for the Protection Manager role, which allows you to do all the tasks needed for protecting and synchronizing your endpoints.
Also there are many bug fixes included in this release.
Because covering each new features would blow up this article so much I decided to cover each feature in a separate article over the next few weeks.